Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lagoon Chalets 8/10/11 (Day 34)

Wow, a million songs buzzing around in my head: "Come sail away"; "My friends, my time has come ... (My Way)"; "Into the wide blue yonder" , etc. Probably just a case of nerves re the forthcoming sea cruise. (you think?!)

Ah, what an awesome cruise. Not even a hint of queasiness, good grub to scoff and a very welcome round of Old Brown Sherry. This was the best R900 we have ever spent! I even attempted an oyster, but couldn't swallow the pesky thing! Luis enjoyed them.






The highlight, for me, was the pelicans, swooping and playing catch up in the hope of a free morsel.






Looking at them through the unzoomed lens of my camera, I thought, on many an occasion, that their beak was going to collide with my lens!



Over the douse of the cruise, 2 seals came to visit us on board. The first is only a year old and has been visiting this particular vessel since he was a pup.





The other fella who hangs around much further out is a big boy, to say the least.




Jackson feeding the masses:




Feed me, dammit, otherwise I'll bash your head in!




(Duck? Duck? That's not a duck, it's a ...... Pelican ...... Ouch!)

And, last but certainly not least, the dolphin playing in the bow wave



All in all a glorious adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment